Latest ICO News
- We Buy Any Car, Sports Direct and Saga fined £495,000 after sending millions of ‘frustrating and intrusive’ nuisance messages.The ICO has today announced fines totalling £495,000 to well-known companies that between them sent more than 354 million nuisance messages.
- Starting university or further education can be an exciting time, but for some it can also be a difficult and anxious transition.
- The UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) brought together data protection and privacy authorities from G7 countries, as well as guests from the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) and the World Economic Forum (WEF), for a discussion this week on shared emerging challenges that need closer international collaboration.
- Information Commissioner Elizabeth Denham said: “People’s personal data is used in ever more novel ways; it is right that government looks to ensure a legislative framework that is fit for the future. A framework that continues to be independently regulated to maintain high standards of…
- Elizabeth Denham outlines how an international conference could help to provide 21st century thinking for the 21st century problems that data faces. The speech was delivered at the Oxford Internet Institute.
Latest ISO News
RSS Error: A feed could not be found at https://www.iso.org/home/about-us/news_index/news-list/MAIN%20content/content-retrieval-news.rss. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.
Latest Dark Reading News
- Wireless security protocols have improved, but product vendors continue to make implementation errors that allow a variety of attacks.
- New research suggests isolation among cloud customer accounts may not be a given — and the researchers behind the findings issue a call to action for cloud security.
- Organizations that don't implement end-to-end HTTP/2 are vulnerable to attacks that redirect users to malicious sites and other threats, security researcher reveals at Black Hat USA.
- "We can't do this alone," the new CISA director told attendees in a keynote at Black Hat USA today.
- Mandiant experts discuss the novel techniques used to evade detection, automate data theft, and achieve persistent access.